How to Prevent Pests
Here are some basic tips on how to keep pests away! Of course, if you ever have a pest problem feel free to give us a call: we offer Free Inspections!
1. Leftovers: Ants love them! Store food in airtight containers like Tupperware or jars with rubber seals on the lids.
2. Keep a tight lid on your trash can at all times and move the trash to an outside dumpster as soon as possible. Trash will attack ants, rats, cockroaches, and more!
3. Clean your counter tops, tables, and floors on a regular basis to prevent crumbs or food buildup.
4. Eliminate pests and pest’s eggs by vacuuming frequently.
5. Keep your home clutter-free. Pests love hiding out in dark areas, so the more clutter you have, the more homes they have to choose from.
6. Inspect your home or office for cracks or holes in walls, your foundation, and vents. If you find any, fill or seal them as soon as possible to prevent termites, roaches, and other pests.
7. Fix any leaking pipes, faucets, appliances, etc. Standing water can attract many different types of pests.
8. Trees and bushes close to your home is a perfect pathway for pests to get indoors. Keep your shrubbery trimmed and away from the house.
9. If you don’t have screens on your windows or storm doors, install some. You’ll be able to let fresh air in without worrying about pests.
10. Beetles and termites love wood, so eliminate any scrap wood inside or outside your home or office. Even using mulch for your gardening, consider using gravel or rock instead
The moral of the story is keep your home cleaned and maintained to reduce your risk of bugs. The first line of defense for almost any pest is to clean up- especially your kitchen. Once again, if you do have a pest problem just give us a call (417) 725-0306